Support for Victims and Survivors

Training and Events Safeguarding Team

Support agency information and links can be found below.

West Mercia Police

If you are in immediate danger you should call the police on 999.  You may wish to go directly to the police with a non-urgent report in which case you can do so via the non-emergency number 101 or online here.

The police take reports of abuse very seriously and by clicking the above you can access additional steps to report domestic abuse, sexual or violent abuse, hate crime, harassment and stalking online should you wish to.


National Domestic Violence Helpline

Tel: 0808 2000 247 Website:


Rape Crisis England & Wales

Rape Crisis is a charity working to end sexual violence and abuse. You can contact the 24/7 Rape & Sexual Abuse Support Line and speak to one of their specialists – at any time of the day or night. Call free on 0808 500 2222 or go to the website to start a free online chat.


Safe Spaces

Safe Spaces is a free and independent support service for anyone who has experienced abuse in relation to the Church of England, the Church in Wales or the Catholic Church of England and Wales. This could be abuse by someone who holds any role at the church or is linked to participating in a church-led activity or group.

If you have been affected, however long ago, Safe Spaces can provide you with support. You do not have to have told the police or the church authorities, and you do not have to still be involved with the church. Your information will not be shared without your consent unless you or someone else is in immediate danger.

Safe Spaces opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 9pm, Saturday 9am-1pm and Sunday from 1pm-5pm (excluding bank holidays, subject to review).

Tel: 0300 303 1056


Click here for LiveChat or to see their website.


The Survivor’s Trust

An umbrella organisation for over 140 specialist support services in the field of sexual violence and abuse. They offer a range of services to survivors such as helplines, resources and support groups around the UK. For these services, where you are based does not determine whether you can access the service.



Their clinical team are all qualified practitioners, with extensive experience of working with men who have had unwanted sexual experiences.


NAPAC (The National Association for People Abused in Childhood)

NAPAC offers support to adult survivors of all types of childhood abuse, including physical, sexual, emotional abuse or neglect


Victims' Code - Victim Support  

Offer help to anyone affected by crime. Not only those who experience it directly, but also their friends, family and any other people involved. It doesn’t matter when the crime took place, or whether you’ve reported it to the police. You can get help at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  They are independent from the police, and support is free and confidential.


MACSAS Minister & Clergy Sexual Abuse Survivors

MACSAS supports women and men who have been sexually abused, as children or adults, by ministers, clergy or others under the guise of the Church.

The Helpline is currently open on Saturdays from 9.00am - 11.30am and Wednesdays 7.00 pm - 9.30 pm.





Powered by Church Edit