- Expected Start Date: 4 September 2018
- Length of contract: To be agreed. It is expected that the contract will be for 6 months, or two school terms (until 29 April) but with agreement this may be for just one term or extended to 18 July 2019.
- Based in the Ludlow Diocesan Office.
- The role could be part or full time. Secondment opportunities are encouraged. Permission from the employer or governors should be sought prior to applying.
- Salary up to £65,000 per annum (pro rata if appropriate).
- The post is eligible for membership of a defined benefits pension scheme.
- The postholder will be an employee of the Hereford Diocesan Board of Finance Limited (unless seconded) and the post is eligible for membership of the Diocesan pension scheme.
- The successful applicant will need to provide proof of right to work in the UK
Interim Diocesan Director of Education (DDE)
The Bishop of Hereford, in consultation with the Diocesan Board of Education, is seeking to appoint an interim Diocesan Director of Education (DDE) for the equivalent of two school terms. The retirement of our current DDE, Philip Sell, in August 2018, presents the Diocese with an opportunity re-evaluate the scope of the role. To provide sufficient time for this process we are seeking an interim appointment to enable support for our schools and young people to continue unaffected.
The person appointed will have responsibility for contributing at a senior and strategic level to the development and promotion of diocesan policies and practice generally and specifically in the work of Church of England schools and academies.
The interim Diocesan Director of Education will report through the Diocesan Secretary to the Chair of DBE who is a member of the Bishop’s Council. The DDE is responsible for the Assistant Director of Education (Development and Effectiveness), the Assistant Director (Business and Premises), a Support Officer and an Admin Assistant.
Further details at www.hereford.anglican.org/education