The vision, mission and ministry of Hereford Diocese is focused on living out our values in every church, home, school and community across our diocese: Christlike, prayerful and engaged.
Our shared diocesan strategy seeks to unite our diversity around a common vision to proclaim Christ and grow disciples in communities marked by our behaviours towards one another and outwardly to others in our communities – We are called to partner with a generous God so that lives are changed by an encounter with Christ and this overflow into families, homes and communities which will be changed for the better.
Our Five Priorities
- Stronger congregations - growing in faith
- Schools and intergenerational mission to help us grow younger
- Equipping and supporting Clergy and Lay leaders for mission
- Creating Generous giving and asset development
- Sustainable building strategy and support for Parish Offer
As we head into this new decade, we are seeking to transform lives and have set some ambitious goals for our strategy, these are:
- Minimum 3% of the population attending a regular act of worship (A focus on increasing medium congregations i.e. 50+ worshippers)
- Increasing the number of young people and children engaged with worshipping communities
- New voluntary or lay leaders
- Breakeven budget/sustainable benefices
- A sustainable clear future for every church
"Our values are at the heart of everything we do in our lives together - we seek to be Prayerful, Christ-like and engaged in the way we live out our everyday faith as Christians across the churches, villages and towns of our diocese."
You can find a copy of our strategy presentation here: