Resource Centre at Ludlow
The Resource Centre offers books, DVDs, CDs, posters, artefacts, Godly Play and more items on all aspects of Christianity and the world's major faiths on free loan to anyone who lives or works in the Diocese of Hereford and surrounding areas.
For help and advice contact Mel Wilson-Claridge at the Resource Centre (01584 879307).
The centre is situated at the Ludlow Mascall Centre, Lower Galdeford, Ludlow, SY8 1RZ and is open to visitors at the following times, but also makes its materials available with a drop off point at the Palace Office in Hereford.
- The library is staffed on Tuesday to Thursday 9am - 1pm.
- The Ludlow Mascall Centre is open Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and access to the self-service library is available during these times.
The Resource Centre holds learning materials on a host of topics to meet a wide variety of needs from churches, schools, children and youth groups, individual church goers and members of the public.
The Resource Centre has a comprehensive catalogue of 7,500 resources on:
- all aspects of Christianity and the world's major religions
- worship and prayer
- religious education and collective worship
- all aspects of parish-based children's and youth work
- theology, church history, social and pastoral issues
- spiritual and moral development
- Godly Play, DVDs, CDs and posters, courses, artefacts and more.
The centre is a member of the Federation of RE Centres
Schools & Colleges
Our loan service is available to all schools, both church and community. Resources cover key stages for RE, PHSE & citizenship, collective worship, spiritual development and child bereavement. Artefacts boxes linked to the world's major faiths are available on termly loan. Teachers are welcome to visit the centre to browse and borrow. We are open all year, including school holidays.
Children's & Youth Groups
Starting an after-school club, looking for fresh ideas for Sunday School, hoping to find something to challenge a 16+ group or short of ideas for a holiday club? We can help! We have a large collection of books of ideas for all aspects of working with children and young people. We can also provide large play equipment.
Members of the public
Our centre is not just for people who belong to a church or who have a Christian faith. It is also a specialist library on "faith matters" for the general public. These range from short books on the basics to in-depth studies. Those involved in academic study will find sections on Philosophy of Religion, Ethics, Theology, Spirituality, Church History and many more.
We have resources to help you plan or prepare for:
- wedding or funeral, baptism, parenting,
- mission, evangelism and discipleship courses
- general spiritual/personal development
- theological reflection and ministerial development
- fresh creative resources and ideas for working with children, young people and adults including Godly Play boxes
The centre is also home to the West of England Ministerial Training Course (WEMTC) who meet at the Mascall Centre. WEMTC trains men and women for ordination as priests and deacons and for Reader ministry, including Pioneer Readers
These collections are particularly designed to promote the understanding of the significance of religious artefacts in worship, ceremony, rites of passage and family life. These quality artefacts are delivered in strong storage boxes and are supported by information books about that faith for teachers and children. The artefacts boxes are for loan for a half-term period. It is advisable to book these to avoid disappointment. They can be delivered but a charge will be made depending on the distance or you can pick them up at the Resource Centre.
The following boxes are available:-