Framework for Christian Learning: Exploring pastoral care
A six-session course from Pastoral Care UK intended to encourage people in small groups to expand their understanding of the nature, purpose and missional potential of pastoral care; and to consider how it might be offered in their everyday encounters.
- A Christian perspective: what makes Christian pastoral care distinctive?
- Dimensions and definitions: how do we describe pastoral care?
- Who cares? Who is called to care and who do we care for?
- Caring qualities: what do these look like, and how did Jesus care?
- Listening: why is it important to listen to others, ourselves and God?
- Confidentiality and resources: why is confidentiality important, and what resources can we use?
Thinking of setting up a visiting/ pastoral care team? Then contact the Pastoral Care Advisor, Revd Garry Ward, for guidance on good practice: firstname.lastname@example.org 01746 710304