Diocesan Board of Education
Church of England Mission Statement
The Church of England is called, as are all Churches, to carry forward the work that Jesus Christ began in all aspects of the life of people in society. Jesus said to those who followed him 'As the Father has sent me, so do I send you.'
The Mission and Public Affairs division (MPA) oversees how that calling is carried out at the national level of the Church of England in evangelism, development of parish congregations, internationally through the work of the world mission agencies - and in rural and urban situations.
The Diocesan Mission Statement
"The Diocese of Hereford seeks to share God's love in community and world through:
- Worshipping God and praying for His help and guidance
- Caring and serving people in all life's situations
- Recognising and responding to the needs of our communities
- Inspiring and learning through each other's strengths and gifts. So that in all our activities we show Jesus Christ to those round us."
Church Schools are Distinctive and Inclusive.
They offer the full National Curriculum and in addition...
- A sense of belonging to a family within a school
- Teaching of forgiveness, peace and reconciliation
- Spiritual nourishment, encouragement and challenge
- An attitude of reverence for God and respect for each other
- A search for truth
- Help for those in need