Framework for Christian Learning: Churchwardens' Ministry
How to use your church building as a vehicle for mission
Saturday 10th November 2018
Earl Mortimer College, Leominster HR6 8JJ
What’s this about?
Wendy Coombey, Community Partnership and Funding Officer, will present ideas on:
- The role that church buildings can play in mission
How to identify new ways to make use of church buildings
as open and welcoming sacred spaces
- Ways to engage the local and wider community
- How to use the Crossing the Threshold toolkit to best effect
Who’s this for?
Church wardens and any others who want to make good use of the historic resources entrusted to them
The diocese seeks to support the ministry of churchwardens in a variety of ways. Each of these may be undertaken on its own. However we are also working to combine a range of learning opportunities, touching on various aspects of this ministry, into a module which can be undertaken as such by those who wish to include this as an option contributing to the Framework in Christian Learning Certificate.
Possible session topics:
- Faculties made easy: a general introduction to the faculty process, Health & Safety, church yard regulations, Log Books and Terriers
- The parish, the diocese and the Church of England: an introduction to the parochial system and who does what in the Church structures
- Spirituality of being a churchwarden: how to be a good colleague to your incumbent, and an effective Bishop's officer
- Buildings for mission: exploring the potential of your church building as a means of taking forward God's mission in the parish