Astley Abbotts: St Calixtus, WV16 4SW
The Church of St Calixtus is situated 3 miles out of Bridgnorth, just off the Bridgnorth to Broseley road, in an idyllic setting with a small stream running alongside. The village has recently increased with the addition of new housing.
The church was consecrated in 1138 by Bishop Betton. It is mainly Norman with Anglo-Saxon roots, with Roman tufa stone found in the walls. A later addition was built during the mid 1800s. The village hall is used for church community functions.