![]() |
Musgrave studied at Trinity College, Cambridge, where he became Lord Almoner’s reader in Arabic. On becoming bishop of Hereford, he revived the office of rural dean and established the Diocesan Church Building Society. During his time, the cathedral underwent a major restoration, overseen by the dean, John Merewether and the architect Cottingham. Musgrave became archbishop of York in 1847 and died in London three years later, buried in Kensal Green cemetery. There is a full-length effigy of him on his memorial in York Minster. .
|
