Check List for Parishes/Benefices
Checklist for Parish/Benefices
- Be aware of the roles and responsibilities relating to Safeguarding at a parish/benefice level. A copy of Roles and Responsibilities is available to download HERE.
- Check to see that all Paid Employees and Volunteers have been recruited in line with Safer Recruitment Practice Guidance.
- Check to see that everyone who needs to be DBS checked is and when it is due for renewal.
- Check to see who needs to attend Safeguarding Training and ensure they attend every 3 years.
- Ensure you have a nominated Safeguarding Officer/Rep on your PCC.
- Ensure you know about and adhere to ALL National Safeguarding Policy and Practice Guidance.
- Ensure you know how and when to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser for advice.